Most of the parents who seek us out have heard about Windy Row from other parents, their pediatrician or their child's teacher. But we often hear that people aren't sure what we do (provide afterschool tutoring in reading and math) or what age children we help (kindergarten through grade 10) or what problems those children face (any reading or math challenges that keep them from progressing at grade level). They may not be sure where we are located (Peterborough, New Hampshire) or what geographic area we serve (the Monadnock Region, at our facility in Peterborough).
Therefore, we have been broadening our outreach in several ways. We would like to hear from you whether you have noticed:
- The Windy Row Facebook page. If you haven't liked us yet, please go to www.facebook.com/windyrow.
- Our newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please send us an email.
- Articles and photos in the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.
- Ads about our tutoring services in the Education section of the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.
- Windy Row's participation in the River Center Spelling Bee (coming up on April 29).
- Our postcards in the Peterborough Library book bags for parents of young children, encouraging reading and math games.
- Windy Row posters and rack cards placed around the Monadnock Region.
- Our program for teachers, parents and service organizations, including libraries, on recognizing and helping children with reading challenges. If you would like to schedule this program, please email or phone us.
Have you heard about Windy Row Learning Center through any of these efforts? Please let us know!
We are grateful to everyone who spreads the word about how Windy Row can help children with reading and math challenges like dyslexia and dyscalculia. We don't need an official diagnosis; we perform some testing at Windy Row as part of our intake to make sure that we can help.
The more we find out about how parents find us, the better we can target our efforts to reach more parents and children who can benefit from tutoring at Windy Row. Thank you for your help!